Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bath Routine

I think I've finally gotten a hair bath time routine down for the baby.  It involves using  5 different products on her hair.  That may be extreme but it works for me and the baby.    First I use a hair oil  and massage it in her hair and scalp and comb through any tangles with a pick.  Then I use Sebamed shampoo followed by Sebamed conditioner.  After rinsing out the shampoo and conditioner, I put in a leave-in conditioner and finally massage in a scalp anti-itch emollient.  I finish it all off by fluffing up her hair with the pick.  It really doesn't take as long as it sounds.

I discovered the Sebamed line of skin and hair products completely by accident when I went to Costco online thinking I was ordering a different product that had been recommended to me by a friend.  I didn't realize I had ordered the "wrong" products until later but discovered I absolutely loved their lotions, cleansers, shampoo and conditioner.  They are soap and alkaline free and are the same pH level as skin.  I've not found anything that works nearly as well on Carley's very sensitive and dry skin and the the shampoo and conditioner really soften her hair.  Now I just go direct to their website where I can order their line of baby products.

1 comment: