Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teachers Really Do Not Get Paid Enough

Yesterday morning while I was in the kitchen at 6:30 for my first cup of coffee, Carley entertained me by singing at the top of her lungs some unrecognizable song and dancing.  Which answers the question that yes, it is possible to think, "Aw, isn't that cute" and be annoyed at the same time.

Then I went to Lindsey's Kindergarten class where I had volunteered to help with something called "centers".  Lindsey's teacher said I would be helping with "crowd control" as she put it.  The centers were suppose to be where the kids are at different stations working on different skills.  The teacher was busy testing the children individually so she could prepare report cards which come out next week.  It really was crowd control, trying to keep them all at their stations focused on their tasks.  At the end of Lindsey's 3 hour class (half day Kindergarten), I was exhausted and had a stress headache.  Teaching is not for the faint of heart.  Teachers are definitely NOT paid enough.  Every day should be a "Thank a Teacher in Your Life" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment