Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Carley's New Hairdo

I took Carley to an African American hairdresser today to get her hair done for Christmas. I was thinking something along the lines of braids or rows with beads. I ended up getting hair extensions put in because it would last a month and the other styles only a couple of weeks. I'm having surgery on my neck in early January to fuse 3 vertebrae together and I'm stressed about not being able to take care of the kids on my own for 6 weeks without someone else being around.

When the hairdresser said there would be no maintenance needed for her hair with the extensions for a month I jumped on it. I just didn't realize how much I liked her natural hair. Both Blain and I are having a hard time getting used to the look and feel of her new "hair". She's beautiful no matter what and the new hairdo is cute, but I do miss my baby's hair.









3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! And a month off from hair duty sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Where did you go? How long did it take? How was Carly? I love the no maintaince.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the no maintaince and I'm liking it better as I get used to it. Hair Haven in Riverdale. She said they get a lot of African American kids transracially adopted in her shop. Carley did great, sat for over an hour. Normally they cry more, I guess.

    ReplyDelete