Monday, April 4, 2011

Doctor Appointments

With 3 young children and 2 parents over fifty with various health ailments, it's a rare week that we don't have at least one doctor or dentist appointment.  And every once in a while, we'll have two in one day.  Today was Sammy's postop doctor visit in the morning and Lindsey's six year old annual checkup in the afternoon. 

Sammy's recovered well from his surgery.  No problems, no fluid in his right ear anymore and they even retested his hearing in the right ear which was not normal before the surgery because of the fluid.  His hearing in that ear is still not completely normal yet, but it is much better and hopefully will continue to improve.  They said to come back in six months to be retested.

Lindsey is doing great.  She is now 43 inches tall and 41 pounds which puts her right between the 10 - 15 percentile for both height and weight.  No health problems at all and she didn't even have to get a shot.

On Wednesday I have my first colonoscopy which I'm not looking forward to at all, but it needs to be done and I'm overdue to get one.  Aahh!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Gppd luck with the Colonoscopy! This is something I have been putting off for 4 yrs now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. It's over with and I'm relaxing at home. Everything was good, no problems, which is such a great thing to hear. It really wasn't that bad. The "cleansing" prep beforehand is the worst part but now that my system's been cleaned out, I'm inspired to eat right and lose some weight!

    ReplyDelete