Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Very Scary Moment

This morning I sent the kids to their room to get dressed and suddenly heard a loud bang and then screaming.  I immediately ran into their room and saw that their chest of drawers had fallen over.  Blain had also run in and was trying to lift the chest up.  I didn't see the kids at all.  I was in a complete panic fearing the worse.  I started to try and help Blain lift up the chest but he yelled that he had it, just get the kids out. 

By some complete miracle neither one was seriously injured.  Lindsey got a bump on the head and Sam a bruise on his cheek.  Sam had opened the bottom drawer to climb up to the get his socks from the second to the top drawer.  He had been trying to pull it open when Lindsey had grabbed him to pull him down and the whole chest had come down.  I still can't believe they weren't really hurt and am very, very grateful we didn't have to make a trip to the hospital today.

1 comment:

  1. Scary!!!! I'm so glad everyone is alright. You are very very lucky.

    ReplyDelete