Monday, February 7, 2011

127 Hours and Superbowl Sunday

Because of my newly rediscovered love of movies and because it happened here in Utah so it was a REALLY big deal in the news here at the time and because it's now nominated for an Oscar best picture, I got away for a couple of hours yesterday to see "127 Hours".  It's well done and I can see why it was nominated for best picture, though I doubt it will win.  It happened in 2003, but I would have sworn it was only about 4 years ago instead of 8 (wow, as you get older time really does start to speed up).  Great story of survival and the meaning of life.  I don't think I would have survived 27 hours myself.


Then it was TV watching for the rest of the day, first the Puppybowl on the Animal Planet Network with the kids, then the Superbowl.  Glad Greenbay won and glad that a guy from Utah won a million dollars for coming up with the best Doritos ad during the Superbowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment