Monday, March 28, 2011

Frankie, the Cat

We've had an old family member visiting us this week, Frankie.  My mother's cat, which was formerly our cat, has come for a week long visit while my mom is visiting my brother in Texas.  We got Frankie in 2002 as a young cat and he became my mom's about 3 years ago after my father and their two cats all died within a year leaving my mother completely alone in her house.  Plus we got 3 young kids and a dog within 3 years.  So it seemed to be the right choice for him to move into a home where he would get a lot more attention.

He's a Siamese mix and was named Frankie after Mr. Blue Eyes himself, Frank Sinatra.  You can't tell from this picture, but he has beautiful blue eyes.  He's settled right in like old times, except when all three kids come running after him to pet him.  Then he quickly makes a beeline to the basement where he knows he's safe from the thundering herd.  So currently we have 3 kids along with a dog, a fish and now temporarily a cat.  Hope I don't forget to feed any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment