Monday, November 9, 2009

Little Girl Pirate

Lindsey was diagnosed with severe astigmatism right after her fourth birthday.  She flunked the eye screening test at her 4 year checkup at her pediatrician and was promptly referred to an eye doctor, although somehow she had managed to pass a similar eye screening test at her daycare.  I asked the eye doctor how she had managed to fool both her daycare and us as well.  Because even as her parents I have to confess that we hadn't really picked up on her poor eyesight either.  The doctor just said, "Kids are good at compensating". 

The doctor had told us that one of her eyes was worse than the other and she might have to wear a patch over the other eye to strengthen the weak eye.  But if she were good about wearing her glasses that the eye might become stronger without going the eye patch route.  Well, today Blain took her back to the eye doctor and after being good about wearing her glasses most of the time I am happy to say that Lindsey will not have to wear a patch.  Although I was secretly thinking it would be fun to have a little girl pirate running around the house.

I stayed home today "tending" Sam and Carley.  Blain retired last March so he's now officially a SAHD (stay at home dad) on most days with the baby.  It was a fun afternoon for me connecting with Sam who often gets overshadowed by his big sister and his baby sister.  Growing up I only had one sibling, an older brother, so I never really understood the middle child syndrome.  Now that I have 3 kids, I get it.

On a completely unrelated note, I bought headbands for the girls today which I think looks adorable on them, especially the baby.

Beautiful Baby Carley in her new headband


Beautiful Lindsey in her glasses


Sam, the Goofball



1 comment:

  1. Oh my! The headband on the baby! She is adorable. And tell Lindsey I love her glasses! Very smart!

    ReplyDelete